1. 瞒天过海 crossing the sea under camouflage.
2. 围魏救赵 relieving the state of Zhao by besieging the state of Wei.
3. 借刀杀人 Kill someone with a borrowed knife.
4. 以逸待劳 waiting at one’s ease for the exhausted enemy.
5. 趁火打劫 Loot a burning house.
6. 暗度陈仓 Clamour in the east, attack in the west.
7. 无中生有 creating something out of nothing.
8. 声东击西 Pretend to take one path while sneaking down the other.
9. 隔岸观火 watching a fire from the other side of the river.
10. 笑里藏刀 Knife hidden under the smiling face.
11. 李代桃僵 Sacrifice the plum for the peach.
12. 顺手牵羊 Take the opportunity to pilfer a goat.
13. 打草惊蛇 beating the grass to frighten the snake.
14. 借尸还魂 Borrow another's body to return the soul.
15. 调虎离山 Entice the tiger to leave the mountain.
16. 欲擒故纵 letting the enemy off in order to catch him.
17. 抛砖引玉 Bait a piece of jade with a brick.
18. 擒贼擒王 capturing the ringleader first in order to capture all the followers.
19. 釜底抽薪 Take away the firewood under the cooking pot.
20. 混水摸鱼 muddling the water to catch the fish; fishing in troubled waters.
21. 金蝉脱壳 Get away like the cicada sloughing its skin.
22. 关门捉贼 catching the thief by closing / blocking his escape route.
23. 远交近攻 Befriend a distant state while attacking a neighbor.
24. 假途伐虢 Obtain safe passage to conquer the enemy.
25. 偷梁换柱 stealing the beams and pillars and replacing them with rotten timbers.
26. 指桑骂槐 Revile the locust tree while pointing at the mulberry.
27. 假痴不癫 feigning madness without becoming insane.
28. 上屋抽梯 removing the ladder after the enemy has climbed up the roof
29. 树上开花 Deck the tree with bogus blossom.
30. 反客为主 Make the guest and host change places.
31. 美人计 using seductive women to corrupt the enemy.
32. 空城计 Present a bold front to conceal unpreparedness.
33. 反间计 sowing discord among the enemy.
34. 苦肉计 Inflict injury upon oneself to gain trust.
35. 连环计 coordinating one stratagem with another.
36. 走为上 Run away to fight another day.